You may earn this many credits: 1
Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and substance use disorders (SUDs) co-occur at high rates and this co-occurrence is generally associated with worse outcomes that either disorder alone. Dr. Peck will provide a summary of the literature on the epidemiology, assessment, and treatment of concurrent PTSD-SUD and an overview of the implementation of evidence-based practices for trauma in real-world substance use treatment settings.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
1. Define trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) according to the DSM-V.
2. Describe the prevalence of PTSD.
3. Identify publicly-available assessment measures of PTSD.
4. Identify evidence-based treatment for PTSD.
5. Discuss specific considerations for working with individuals with concurrent PTSD and substance use disorder.
The VPA Psychological Association is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The VPA Psychological Association maintains responsibility for this program and its content.